Kitchen Design Consultation.
So, what do you need to consider when planning your new fitted kitchen or kitchen makeover?
Choose the style of your kitchen doors then let that lead you into colour and finish.
- What do you like and dislike about your existing home kitchen?
- Do you want to extend your kitchen units? Obviously, the floor area will dictate the type of kitchen you can have (e.g. galley, double galley, L-shape, U-shape, open plan, etc.) we can do the building work needed to create a larger area.
- What are the definite “must-have” items for your new kitchen? (e.g. a built-in wine storage rack and/or plate rack? A large American freezer or a slimline integrated one? A built-in eye-level microwave? Lots of storage solutions? And so on).
- What are your “it would be nice to have” items? For example, granite worktops? A pull out larder? An island unit?
- Do you want all your gadgets to be left out on worktops for easy access or are they to be stored away?
- Do you have any special requirements? For example, do the cabinets need to be a minimum or maximum height? Do you want or need pull-down baskets?
- Do you want an area to relax, such as space for furniture sofa or dining table?
- Are you going to replace the kitchen door/s?
- Think about the main areas of the kitchen such as cooking, preparation, storage, sinks and taps and any eating area. How big an area do you want for food preparation? Do you want a double sink?
- Will your kitchen be used to entertain and dine in? If so, how many people does it need to be able to comfortably seat?
- What size and type of cooker, do you want? An electric or gas hob? A double oven? Or an AGA? Height of oven?
- What type of quality material would you like the worktop to be made of?
- If you want splashbacks, what sort of materials and what colour scheme are you thinking about?
- What type of lighting do you want? And what about floor coverings?
- Finally, think about your budget – what is the ideal amount? And your maximum amount?