Planning a Fitted Kitchen
KW Kitchens can help you create that dream kitchen with our bespoke fitted kitchen planning service. It does help, however, if you have some idea of the type of layout you want and what your ideal kitchen “must-haves” are, beforehand. That way we can work with you to create that perfect kitchen that will be the hub of your home and a key selling point if you ever decide to move house.
So, what do you need to consider when planning your fitted kitchen?
- What do you like and dislike about your existing kitchen?
- Do you want to extend your kitchen? Obviously, the floor area will dictate the type of kitchen you can have (e.g. galley, double galley, L-shape, U-shape, open plan, etc.) but we can do any building work needed to create a larger area.
- What are the definite “must-have” items for your new kitchen? (e.g. a built in wine storage rack and / or coffee maker? A large American freezer or a slim line integrated one? A built in eye level microwave? Lots of storage? And so on).
- What are your “it would be nice to have” items? For example, an under cabinet flip down TV? A pull out larder? An island unit?
- Do you want all your gadgets to be left out on worktops for easy access or are they to be stored away?
- Do you have any special requirements? For example, do the cabinets need to be a minimum or maximum height?
- Do you want an area to relax, such as space for a sofa?
- Are you going to replace the kitchen door/s?
- Think about the main areas of the kitchen such as cooking, preparation, storage, sinks and taps and any eating area. How big an area do you want for food preparation? Do you want a double sink?
- Will your kitchen be used to entertain and dine in? If so, how many people does it need to be able to comfortably seat?
- What size and type of cooker, do you want? An electric or gas hob? A double oven? Or an AGA?
- What type of quality material would you like the worktop to be made of? For ideas, visit our Types of Worktops page.
- If you want splashbacks, what sort of materials and what colour scheme are you thinking about? (For inspiration, visit our Splashbacks section).
- What type of lighting do you want? And what about floor coverings?
- Finally, think about your budget – what is the ideal amount? And your maximum amount? (We can put you in touch with a finance provider if you want to pay by monthly instalments).
As you can see, with fitted kitchen planning, there are lots of things to consider. Getting a vision of how you would like your kitchen to look will enable us to work with you within your budget constraints to create a beautiful kitchen.
At KW Kitchens we are a well-established kitchen design company offering a free fitted kitchen planning service to complement our range of kitchen products and services. To find out now how we can help you create the kitchen you have always dreamed of, contact us today for a free, no obligation chat.